A gynecologist doctor is an expert in the female reproductive system. They specialize in the health & diseases field. It is essential to choose the right doctor because you trust them with your most intimate medical problems such as pregnancy, missed periods, etc.
Every female needs to see a gynecologist to sustain good health. As reproductive organs mature during puberty, a regular evaluation is a must. You can also schedule an appointment via http://www.jacarandamaternity.co.ke to consult a gynecologist in Nairobi.
Depending on the state of your health, and your health history, a gynecologist will need to screen you for any potential problems such as cervical and breast cancer. This is also an opportunity to find out about your reproductive health, any concerns, including birth control.
A visit to the gynecologist is recommended for annual screening and any time a woman has concerns about symptoms such as pelvic, vulvar, and abnormal bleeding from the uterus.
Conditions commonly treated by gynecologists include:
- Issues relating to pregnancy, fertility, menstruation, and menopause
- Family planning, including contraception, sterilization, and pregnancy termination
- Problems with tissues that support the pelvic organs, including ligaments and muscles
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Benign conditions of the reproductive tract, for example, ovarian cysts, fibroids, breast disorders, vulvar, and other non-cancerous changes
Even if you feel embarrassed about certain issues, your gynecologist has seen and heard it all and is there to help you.