After configuring the Netgear range extender through the user interface of Genie, if you wish to change its SSID or password, then it is possible in simple ways. The steps to change the same are discussed here as under. Yes, if you have not configured the extender yet and want to know the procedure, then click on ‘How to setup new extender using 192.168.1.250’.
- Go to the browser option from your computer desktop. This computer must be connected to the range extender.
- Enter the username and password to log in. Enter ‘Admin’ in the first and ‘Password’ in the second box.
- Tap ‘Login’ button.
- Go to ‘Change Wi-Fi settings as per your needs’.
- Select ‘SSID and password’.
- Click on ‘Save’ after making changes. If you are facing a problem with Netgear genie smart wizard, then contact experts.
If you are using any kind of security like WEP or WPS, then configure it as well. Sometimes, changing the login password or SSID changes the settings of WEP encryption.
In this manner, you can change the username and password for your extender using the smart wizard. If you want to change the same details through Netgear Genie, then the steps are given below:
- Connect the extender to the mobile device with the app installed within.
- Enter the login details for login to Genie app.
- Enter default SSID and password to log in.
- Now, go to ‘Wi-Fi’ settings and click on ‘Change username and password’.
- Tap ‘New username and password’.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply the changes.
After making the changes, try to login with the new SSID and password. If you are facing a problem connecting to the extender using the new SSID or password, then you might have missed some steps or the procedure is not properly followed. In such conditions, you can contact the Netgear experts available 24×7. They are highly qualified and know the know-hows of your range extender. You can call on toll free number and get the required help.